Pages

Wednesday 25 August 2021

What is the best fun activity to do in lockdown?

 What is the best fun activity to do in lockdown? 


My school has been in lockdown for about one week, because of the covid-19 outbreak here in Auckland. It is now Week 5 in Term 3. I am going to share with you about what I have been doing. 


Bubble life has returned to being at home with family 24 hours a day, seven days a week. This means you can engage in a variety of activities with your family during the lockdown. So let me tell you a little bit about those games. 


One of our favourite activities to do as a family is play board games. Board games such as  monopoly, chess, uno, junga and cards.


In my opinion, these are the most exciting board games to play in lockdown. My family enjoys playing Junga. 


The rules of the game for Jenga are:

Rule number 1 - you have to take one block on a turn from any level of the tower except the one below an incomplete top level. 


Rule number 2 - you have to  place it on the top most level in order to complete it. The game ends when the tower falls completely or if any block falls from the tower other than the block a player moves on a turn. 


The key to winning Jenga is to remove your block without the tower falling while at the same time making it more unstable for your opponent's next move. If you notice the left side of the tower is leaning, then take from the right side.

 

I believe that board games are the best games to play because board games bring some unique health and life improving benefits to a person’s life. Board games can improve a person's benefit by bringing people closer, strengthen relationships, and can help you meet  people and it  creates competition and nobody likes to lose.  We all take turns at playing and some board games require a lot of thinking such as chess. 


Although board games are a lot of fun - playing cards can be a lot more exciting to play.  Some of these card games are called last card, snap, and speed. 


I believe that board games, such as monopoly, chess, uno, jenga, and cards are the ideal games to play, especially during lockdown level 4 and since they provide a great opportunity to interact and open up whilst also allowing you to  express your creative and competitive side. 


This is my Writing about What is the best fun activity to do in lockdown and I really enjoyed writing this because its about me being in lockdown and my story is about lockdown. Thank You So Much To Ms Hill for helping me with my writing.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Yolanda. You are welcome. This is great and very informative. Thank you Yolanda for sharing how you spend some of your time during lockdown level 4. I look forward to a game of last card or snap during lunch time at school, when we are able to go back at level 2 or level 1. Stay safe and we love seeing you each day online. You are amazing Yoland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Talofa Lava Ms Hill,

      Thank you so much for your lovely comment you are the best and the most helpful teacher that can help me anytime I ask for help know matter what you are doing you are always there to help me. Yes I just can't wait to go back to school and play some last card or snap during lunch times with you and verse you and other students in team 5.

      Thank You so much helping me when I need help anytime.

      Alofa Tele Atu ❤️

      Sincerely,
      Yolanda

      Delete

Hi - Yolanda would love you to leave her a comment on this post. If you know how to do this, go right ahead. If you would like some help, watch this video