Pages

Thursday 6 February 2020

Home Learning. Wonder Book

The book that I am reading for my home learning this year is called Wonder. Chapter one is all about a girl that is named August  who is going to start fifth grade but she has never been to a real school ever. People always say that she doesn't go school because of her look but that is not the reason why she doesn't go to school and the actual reason why she doesn't go school is because she has had heaps of different surgeries and she has had 27 since she was born. The bigger surgeries start before she was  actual four year old witch was when August was still small. August  has had two or three surgeries every year since she was born but some are huge some are small,and because she is still  insufficient for the age August has other medical mysteries that the doctor never ever figured out,August use to get sick a lot. That is the reason why her parents thought that it was better for her to never ever go to school.  August is feeling way better energetic now, but now I might be going to school with her sister Via and she has always wanted to go with her sister Via to the same school because that wouldn't be the exact true. The reason why I wanted to go school was because I would make friends and hang out with them during class and after school.I predict that August's parents are going to take August to the school that her sister Via is going to and will actually have friends and meet the principle and will make it in to Via's school and have all her years with her friends. 
Image result for the book wonder picture

2 comments:

  1. Hi Yolanda,

    I really like the way you included the key points from the story in your summary! The only feedback I have is to read a little more about August to double check whether they are a he or a she.

    Ka pai for completing your homework and sharing it!

    Mrs Stone

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Mrs Stone,

    I found out that August was a boy and I am still reading my book everuday when I have nothing to do.

    YOlanda

    ReplyDelete

Hi - Yolanda would love you to leave her a comment on this post. If you know how to do this, go right ahead. If you would like some help, watch this video