Pages

Monday 21 January 2019

Summer Learning Journey

On your blog tell us wether or not you would like to try flax weaving. Does it interest you? Why or why not?

I  would say yes I would like to try flax  weaving. It is interesting to me because Samoan people and Maori people do that Samoan and Maori make it to make  things to use to take to sale for people.

because so when someone asks if you can make a bag you can make it for them and to make things to put it in for the people when they need it. So that it can be useful for peoples things to use when they need

It was hard to do this task because I had to do it by myself and I think I have had a great time working on this task and I think that I am learning new things about the world and what they learn.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Yolanda...great to see you blogging on the SLJ. There's still some time to complete the activities before school begins - how many more can you get done? Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talofa lava Yolanda,
    Thanks for completing another activity!
    I really liked how you made a reference about the cultural significance of this tradition by explaining how Samoan and Maori people do flax weaving to sell and how people can use it. Ka pai!
    I have tried flax weaving and I found it quite therapeutic! :o)) When I did it was for one of my best friend's wedding and we made flax flowers for the table arrangements and it was a really cool experience because we got together and just seat there laughing and talking while making something beautiful using nature and our own hands. I am glad to know that your generation also appreciate it and I hope you guys can really keep this beautiful tradition alive for the next generations to come.
    Keep up with the good work!
    Kia kaha,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete

Hi - Yolanda would love you to leave her a comment on this post. If you know how to do this, go right ahead. If you would like some help, watch this video